Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Come Together

I do not have a broken home. My school work always came naturally to me. I had a loving mother, a doting father and a little brother to die for. I was spoiled but I understood the meaning of hard work. On paper I had the formula for the perfect life, the dream.

I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 12. I can't tell you how or why I felt that way, I can sit here and blame others for my misfortune but really it all came down to me. How could I expect anyone else to respect and love me if I didn't even have respect and love for myself? I always figured myself a tortured soul, a bleeding artist with a mission. I constantly put myself down, I would never be smart enough or pretty enough. I wasn't worth anyones time.

Eight years later I still battle with depression and still see a therapist on a regular basis. It's something I have to live with everyday but I've learned how to cope and become stronger because of it.

I don't have all the answers and possibly may never have them but what I have realized is this: We are ALL worth it. We all have beauty that lies within us and quite frankly anyone that doesn't see our beauty isn't worth our time. It begins with us, with ourselves. You are the most important thing in your life and believe me, you are all a gift <3

Keep sending in your photos and reflections to loveyoubeautiful@gmail.com. When you send in your reflections please let us know if you'd like us to post them with your name or if you'd like to stay anonymous.

You are all so beautiful <3

Thank you Mariana for the photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment