Monday, September 7, 2009

Catch Me

Sent in by an anonymous reader. Keep sending in your reflections! This blog is for you <3

Being a teenager is hard, especially when you don’t feel secure in your own skin. Ever since I can remember I’ve been insecure about myself, I always felt like I wasn’t good enough or even pretty enough, but I was still true to myself and I had hope. I have braces since i was 8 that wasn’t a problem, actually I liked ‘em until I turned sixteen then everything went down, one of my closest friends passed away, acne appeared in my life, I had to use glasses and I also started to feel fat and like I didn’t belong anywhere, I remember crying every single night, I couldn’t see myself in a mirror or even hang out with my friends without feeling ugly. So yeah turning sixteen was everything but sweet.

“Everything happens for a reason” that’s what I stared to believe, ‘cause at that point I really needed something to believe in. One day I woke up, and I looked myself on the mirror, suddenly I was feeling beautiful for the first time in almost a year, I was so happy and everyone could see it. That’s when I realized that the best cure for anything is just accept yourself the way you’re, smile and believe. Believe ‘cause nothing last forever. Since that day I’ve been getting better and better, my acne is under control, I’m having my braces off in a couple of months and I’ve finally found the best “eating style” that works for me, but must important I feel so happy, strong, and beautiful.

“What doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger”

P.S: I’m a true believer that beauty magazines only promote low self esteem, I remember feeling down ‘cause I didn’t look like those models at all, new flash: It’s call Photoshop. So please, do not think you don’t worth it, or that you’re ugly, ‘cause that’s a lie and totally breaks my heart, we are ALL beautiful and special in our own way, smile and keep getting better.

Remember to send in your pictures and reflections so loveyoubeautiful@gmail.com and follow us on twitter @loveubeautiful! <333>

No comments:

Post a Comment